Here is a perfect punch for Valentine’s Day (or anytime a pink-colored punch is needed} which I came across in a 1967 newspaper. According to the article, a lot of readers write in to the paper inquiring about festive love day themed punches around this time of the year. This recipe was the answer to those pleas. It is super easy to make. Though, to be quite honest, most punches are. It only uses four ingredients. The article describes the punch as “so easy and tasty you’ll welcome it to your party”. The recipe can be easily halved or double as needed.
A perfectly pink punch for Valentine's Day!
- 3 cups (24 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) grapefruit juice, chilled
- 3 1/2 cups (28 ounces) strawberry soda, chilled
- 1 quart strawberry or vanilla ice cream
- In a large punch bowl, mix together the fruit juices and soda.
- Float scoops of ice cream on top of punch. Serve immediately.
- Make sure the juices and soda is well chilled before mixing.
“Pink Punch is Just Right For Valentine Day Recipe”. The State (Columbia, South Carolina). Tue, Jan 31, 1967