Angie Dickinson is an actress whose career in both film and television has spanned six decades. She refused to fall into the platinum blond bombshell role and is known for roles in movies such as Rio Bravo, Big Bad Mama and Dressed to Kill as well as the television show Police Woman. Also she has a supporting role in one of my favorite movies, the orignal Ocean’s 11.
This is her recipe for an easy open faced sandwich called Honeymoon Sandwiches. This was a sandwich that her and her then husband, Burt Bacharach Jr., enjoyed. They first had it at their first brunch at the Tennis Club in Palm Springs. It is simple and easy to put together while also being customized to ones own taste.
Angie Dickinson's Honeymoon Sandwiches
A super easy open faced sandwich from actress Angie Dickinson which is good for lunch or a light supper. She suggests to serve it with a good vintage brut of champagne.
- 2 slices of rye bread (or any bread of your choice)
- soften butter
- 4 to 6 slices of deli ham (or any lunch meat of your choice)
- Dijon mustard (or which ever variety of mustard you prefer)
- 4 thick slices of tomato
- Dill pickle slices
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese (or you guessed it…whatever kind of cheese you like the best)
- Lightly toast the bread and then spread lightly with the butter.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 to 3 slices of ham and then lightly spread the ham with the mustard.
- Top with the tomato, pickle slices and then two slices of cheese each.
- Set under the broiler until the cheese is melted.